Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My First Post

Greetings, all.  My name's Patrick.  I'm an overweight, smoking, drinking, all around unhealthy man.  Having said that, I'm happily married to the most wonderful woman in the world (to Kelly), have the cutest dog in America, have great friends, and am related to decent and honest people.  In short, I am mentally and emotionally stable and happy, so now it's time to get my physical nature to catch up with my emotional health.  The point of this blog is simply to make me more accountable for that journey.  My main philosophy in life is that stress is more dangerous than about anything else, so my weight loss plan is simple: Don't stress it.  I know that I can do it.  I know how to do it.  I know that if I freak out about it and beat myself up over how much or how little progress I've made, I'll give up and quit.  Now, before I write any more, here's my fair warning to all: I ramble.  I will end up writing long posts that will inevitably go on some long philosophical tangent that won't have anything to do with my healthy goals.  I hope you all find them enjoyable, but either way, they'll stay around.  If I don't write where my brain goes, it will simply lose track and be boring as all get-out.  So anyway, I hope everyone enjoys my blog, and if you don't, it was nice having you visit.  :-)  Stay stress-free, everyone.  ~P

4 comments:

  1. Yay you have a blog! You are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patrick! Kelly's bloggy friend, Desiree' here! Nice to see you join our ranks and best of luck to you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desiree! I've heard lots about you and your blog.

      Delete